THE MOST SOUGHT-AFTER COMPETITION FOR EXCITING AND INNOVATIVE START-UPS looking to address problem statements collated from the financial industry.
As part of the Hackcelerator, MAS has published problem statements gathered from the FinTech community and is inviting innovative start-ups from around the world to submit their market-ready to any of these chosen problem statements.
Problem Statement Categories
To participate in the Hackcelerator, select the problem statement of your choice that falls under any of the 4 categories below and tell us about your solution. Shortlisted submissions will be invited to participate in a 12-week virtual programme.
During the programme, each team will be assigned corporate champions and industry mentors to develop and refine their market-ready solutions into contextualised prototypes ready for Demo Day.Problem statements will be released in end May.
Solutions which empower consumers and businesses to gain access to financial services
Banking and Finance
Solutions which help financial institutions revolutionize the future state of areas within Banking and Finance (i.e. Retail banking, Corporate Banking, Asset Management etc.)
Solutions which help financial institutions revolutionize the future state of insurance.
Solutions which empower financial institutions to heighten customer experience or improve their efficiency
What’s in it for Participants
- S$50,000 cash prize for the top 3 winners
- Finalists will be fast tracked to receive a S$200,000 FSTI Proof-of-Concept Grant
- Opportunity to solve real problems and develop solutions that meet industry needs
- Receive valuable business guidance and support from leaders in the industry
- Get connected with the FinTech ecosystem
- Opportunity to join Corporate Adoption programmes and collaborative ecosystems (e.g. KPMG Digital Village)
Global FinTech Hackcelerator Timeline
- Problem statements published and applications open: 31 May to 26 Jun 2019
- 12-week programme commences: 26 Aug 2019
- Mid-programme checkpoint: Oct 2019
- Demo Day: 11 Nov 2019
- Post programme adoption
How to Apply
Applications will open in end May.
Demo Day on 11 November 2019, Singapore Expo
The Global FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day will showcase 5-minute pitches by the finalists of the Hackcelerator at the
Singapore FinTech Festival 2019. Check this space to find out who are our shortlisted finalists!
Past Winners (Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2018)