MAS announces winners of the 2019 Global FinTech Hackcelerator and FinTech Awards
>Nov 11, 2019
Singapore, 11 November 2019… The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) announced today the three winners of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator. MAS and The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) also announced the 12 winners of the FinTech Awards. Both awards were handed out today at the Singapore FinTech Festival x Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SFF x SWITCH).
2 The winners of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator
|Company Name||Solution Name||Prize Money|
|Pula Advisors GmbH||Pula||S$50,000|
|MindBridge Analytics Inc.||MindBridge AI||S$50,000|
3 The winners of the FinTech Awards
|Award Category||Placing||Company Name||Solution Name||Country||Prize|
|Singapore Founder||1st||Onchain Custodian||SAFE Platform||Singapore||S$150,000|
|3rd||Optimai Pte Ltd||Optimai PRIME||Singapore||S$50,000|
|ASEAN SME||1st||InfoCorp Technologies Pte Ltd||FarmTrek Project in Myanmar||Singapore||S$150,000|
|2nd||Brankas||Brankas Open Bank Platform||Singapore||S$100,000|
|ASEAN Open||1st||CredoLab Pte Ltd||CredoScore||Singapore||S$150,000|
|2nd||MyCash Online (SG) Pte Ltd||MyCash Online||Singapore||S$100,000|
|3rd||Razer Pay Holdings Pte Ltd||Razer Fintech||Singapore||S$50,000|
||1st||TransferWise||Borderless Account||United Kingdom||S$150,000|
|3rd||VoxSmart Pte Ltd||VSmart||United Kingdom||S$50,000|
4 Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said, “We have been seeing improvements in the quality of submissions for both the Global FinTech Hackcelerator and the FinTech Awards year on year. We are also happy that this year’s FinTech Awards winners included applicants from past editions, who have come back with improved solutions. This is testimony to the success of the programmes, which seek to incubate new FinTech solutions to solve real industry needs. MAS would also like to thank PwC Singapore and KPMG Digital Village for their continued support.”
-  The list of finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator can be found here:
-  The list of finalists for the FinTech Awards can be found here:
-  Singapore-based SMEs with at least one Singaporean founder. The term ‘founder’ is defined as an individual who was instrumental in setting up the SME. There is no need for majority share-ownership. The SME must have a physical office registered in Singapore, and the solution must have been implemented in Singapore.
-  ASEAN-based SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). SMEs, as defined by , are enterprises with an annual sales turnover of not more than SGD$100 million OR an employment size of not more than 200 workers. Enterprises qualify as SMEs as long as they satisfy at least one of the two parameters.
-  ASEAN-based companies of any size. The company must have a physical office registered in at least one ASEAN country, and the solution must have been implemented/deployed in at least one ASEAN country. The ASEAN Open category allows companies of any size to participate.
-  FinTech project implemented in any part of the world by any company.