Inaugural SFF x SWITCH to Kick Off Tomorrow with a Focus on Sustainability
>Nov 10, 2019
Singapore, 10 November 2019… The Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) and the Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH) will come together for the first time as SFF x SWITCH. Running from 11 to 15 November, this event will gather the global innovation and business community in Singapore. There will be over 400 speakers, more than 900 exhibitors, 41 international pavilions, and about 60,000
- 2. Sustainability and Climate Change is the overarching theme of the combined conference this year, given the growing calls for the technology and financial sectors to be enablers and change agents for sustainability. This theme is reflected in the content of the conference, the design of the event space at the Singapore Expo and through the provision of food from sustainable sources. Please refer to Annex A for more details.
- Debuting this year is the Sustainability, Finance and Tech Summit (11-13 November), featuring over 50 speakers who will take the stage to discuss how they are paving the way for a more sustainable future in the world of finance and beyond.
- The annual Global Investor Summit (11 November) will bring together 17 venture capital, corporate venture capital and family office investors from San Francisco to Tokyo, to share their strategies for unlocking growth, impacting inclusion, and delivering long-term value creation in the FinTech and Deep Tech ecosystems.
- Leading the Deep Tech conference, the Global Access to Innovation track (11 November) will feature perspectives from a myriad of movers and shakers in Asia’s innovation ecosystem. From founders of tech unicorns to senior leaders from both the private and public sectors, conference participants can look forward to finding out more about the opportunities in market access, innovation and investment, in Asia and beyond.
- A new summit created this year to spotlight key issues faced by small and medium enterprises (SMEs) is SME Digitalisation and Platforms – Business sans Borders (BSB) (13 November). The sessions in this track will cover pertinent issues such as ‘SME Financing Reimagined’, the ‘Impact of Trade Wars on SMEs and Platforms’ as well as the ‘Roadmap for BSB Beyond 2020’. The discussions will take place at a new Coral Triangle stage, which is designed for more intimate and interactive conversations.
- The Global FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day, taking place on 11 November, will present 20 market-ready FinTech solutions intended to solve real-life industry problems in financial inclusion, insurtech, RegTech and SupTech, and a general category. Winners will be revealed later on the same day.
- Winners of the FinTech Awards will be announced on 11 November, recognising innovative FinTech solutions that have been implemented by FinTech companies, financial institutions and technology companies. Attendees can also catch the finalists presenting their 5-minute company pitches on 12 November at the Open Stages
- SLINGSHOT 2019 (11 – 13 November), Startup SG’s marquee startup pitching competition that highlights the best global startups, has a focus on increasing deal-making this year. Semi-finals will take place over the first two days where the SLINGSHOT Top Global 100 Startups across six key tracks
will pitch their solutions to over 200 judges comprising industry veterans, corporates, tech giants and investors. More than S$2 million worth of prizes will be awarded. The top 12 startups will vie to be the Grand Winner at the Grand Finals happening on 13 November.
- Daily Mixers (11 and 12 November), taking place at the Innovation SG booth, will host some of the best-in-class global companies and investors and feature intimate Q&A sessions with top investors.
- TechInnovation (11 – 13 November), the premier technology-industry matching event, will showcase over 150 enabling technologies available for technology commercialisation or licensing. A special UK-Singapore innovation seminar and a thematic track on design-led innovation will also debut at TechInnovation this year.
-  As at 10 November 2019
-  International Pavilions representing Armenia, Bahrain, Canada, Catalonia, Central and Eastern Europe, Chongqing, Commonwealth, Denmark, Dubai, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Latin America, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Nigeria, New Zealand, Nordics, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suzhou, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.
-  The Regulators Zone will include Abu Dhabi Global Market, Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam, National Bank of Cambodia, Danish Financial Supervisory Authority, Dubai Financial Services Authority, Autorité de contröle prudential et de résolution, Autorité des marches financiers, Bundesbank, Astana International Financial Centre, Central Bank of Kenya, Korea Financial Services Commission, Bank of Lithuania, Securities Commission Malaysia, Central Bank of Nigeria, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Polish Financial Supervision Authority, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Bank of Thailand and UK Financial Conduct Authority.
-  These stages are located at the Exhibition and open to trade visitors.
-  The six tracks are i) Consumer Products & Services, Media & Advertising, Retail & Food Services, ii) FinTech and InsurTech, iii) FoodTech and AgriTech, iv) HealthTech, BioTech and MedTech, v) Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation and vi) Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy.
SFF x SWITCH 2019 Annex A (611.2 KB)